The user has both choices to either set up their Netgear router automatically or manually through the web interface of routerlogin.net. Before you begin the Netgear Router setup process, you must fetch ISP information to connect to the Internet before performing the setup process. Make sure that the devices connected to the network are using the same settings described here. The information you will be requiring for your DSL account will be the ISP login name and password and Static or fixed IP address settings
Steps to perform Automatic Internet Setup in your Netgear AX6000 8 streams Router:-
1. Before setting up your router automatically, make sure that the router is turned on.
2. Also, make sure of one thing that your laptop or computer should be connected to a wired connection over Wi-Fi to enhance the security level.
3. Now, launch a browser on your device. If you have set up the Internet connection on your router for the first time, configuring the Internet Connection page will get displayed on the window. If you have already set up the internet connection, you need to type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser.
4. Follow the instructions to connect the Internet and your router will get connected to the Internet.
5. After connecting to the Internet follow the automatic Internet setup to set up your router immediately.
How to change the MTU size of your Netgear AX6000 8 stream router?
MTU stands for the Maximum Transmission Unit that helps the user in determining the amount of data packets that travel across the internet when one network device communicates with another. If a device receiving the data packets using the lower transmission unit, in that case, data packets must receive it in a fragmented form to accommodate the device with the lower MTU.
Steps to change the MTU size of your Netgear AX6000 8 stream router
1. Open a web browser in your computer connected to the home network of your Netgear Router.
2. Type down the IP address of your router on the address bar and press Enter. If you meet any connection error, in that case, you also can type www.routerlogin.net to get to the default gateway of the router.
3. Press Enter and Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
4. Fill up both the fields of the Netgear Router login window with the correct credentials. It is necessary to fill up both the fields with correct credentials, otherwise, your entry into the web interface of routerlogin.net will be denied immediately.
5. Enter “admin” as the username as it a default username. Mention the password you assigned during the Netgear Router setup. In case, you haven’t set up any password yet. Type “password” as the default credential on the password field.
6. The home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
7. Go to the Advanced tab, select Setup then click on the WAN setup tab. WAN setup page displays on your screen.
8. Now, locate the MTU field and enter down the value between 64 to 1500 in the MTU field.
9. Note: Make sure of one thing that the value of MTU should not exceed 1500 as it will immediately be declined by the interface of routerlogin net. If you are sure that an inappropriate MTU value is a reason for your Internet problem, then only you should change it. Most of the Experts recommend that the default value of MTU is the only optimal value that a router can posses.
10. Click on the apply button and your settings will get saved.
How to set up a Guest Network in your Netgear AX6000 Wi-Fi router?
Guest Network is a secure network giving you the authority to users to allow the visitors to utilize their Internet without any fear of losing personal data to others. With the help of the Guest network the user who wants to connect with your network don’t even have to type the Wi-Fi password to access your network. Guest Network is disabled by default but the user can enable it during the Netgear Router setup and after that also. While setting up the network for your router you must choose a frequency band for which you are going to enable the Guest Network. It is usually recommended to set up a Guest Network through the web interface of routerlogin.net rather than doing it through the Netgear genie app.
Nighthawk Router Login
Nighthawk Router Setup
Nighthawk Router Password Reset
Nighthawk Router Reset
Nighthawk App Login
Netgear Router 192.168.1.1
Netgear Router Connectivity Issues
Netgear Router Configuration
Netgear Router Firmware Update