If you update the firmware of the Linksys extender, it automatically fixes the existing problems and updates the features and functions of the device. Sometimes we face issues with the Linksys extender due to the outdated firmware. The firmware update helps to improve the features, functions, and overall performance of the extender. In case you are facing problems with your Linksys extender, you can update the firmware of the same. If you are trying to update the firmware of the Linksys extender, we will help you to update the same.
How to update the firmware of Linksys extender?
At first, you need to find the latest file of the firmware of your device. You can find it from the support page of Linksys’ official website. Then you have to download and save the firmware file. To find, and download the firmware for Linksys extender, please follow the instructions given below:
- At first, visit the Linksys support website and search the model number of your Linksys extender in the search box.
- Then it will show the compatible latest firmware for the model of your extender. You need to download the latest firmware by pressing the download button next to the firmware you are trying to download.
- You have to wait for a few minutes till the completion of the download. It may take a couple of minutes depends on the size of the file.
- Save the file on your computer once the download is complete.
In order to update the firmware of your linksys extender, now you need to login to your extender and follow these steps:
- Open a browser on your computer and in the address bar type the web URL i.e. extender.linksys.com.
- Press enter key and the admin page of your extender will appear asking for username and password. Fill in the default username and password. Use admin as username and leave the password field blank.
- Once the Linksys extender admin page will open up, click on the administration option in order to start the firmware update process.
- Select the firmware update and click on browse.
We are a Router Login Setup Team of people from all over the world dedicated to helping you resolve all type of router problem solving.
routerlogin.net, netgear router setup, mywifiext.net 192168.1.1 related issues.