Mywifiext.net setup is not an internet site, it is only a local web URL address to log in into the Netgear extender setup and also this webpage is the primary key to install the Netgear wifi range extender. In the case of an existing wireless extender, mywifiext.net setup web URL takes you to the settings page to make changes in your current settings.
Installation using Nighthawk App
- Keep your extension close to your router during the main setup phase. After the operation is completed, you can move your extender to a new position.
- Then connect the power adapter to an outlet and the extender to the power adapter.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Power LED to turn green.
- Push the Power Button On/Off if the Power LED does not turn green. Open your mobile phone’s WiFi connection manager.
- Connect to the NETGEAR EXT extender network.
- Start the Nighthawk program.
- Connect the Nighthawk AX8 extender to the router’s WiFi network using the instructions supplied.
- Change the placement of your extension after the setup is complete.
How to set up using Netgear installation assistant
- Start your extender.
- Keep your Nighthawk AX8 extender near your WiFi router.
- Then attach your extender to an electrical outlet.
- Hold for LED to turn green.
- In case the LED is not starting, press the Power button.
- Link your computer device with extender using Ethernet or WiFi connection:
- In a WiFi-enabled device, start a WiFi connection manager and find then a link to the extender network is known as NETGEAR_EXT.
- When your WiFi-enabled device is linked to the extender, the color of the Client LED lights solid white.
- Use an Ethernet cable to link the Ethernet port on the Nighthawk extender to an Ethernet port in your system.
Open a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net.
Then the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 installation assistant opens up.
Follow the steps to link your extender with your present WiFi network.
Place extender at a new location which is about halfway between the router and the place with a low WiFi signal.
The place must be in the range of your WiFi router network. The Link Status LED assists you select an area where an extender-to-router network is optimal.
If there no connection or low connection, take the extender near the router and retry till Link Status changes LED lights to white. After searching the best place for your extender, link devices to an extended WiFi network.
Tri-band WiFi extender provides dedicated 5 GHz backhaul links between router as well as an extender. For best WiFi performance, we suggest that you sign in to the router or an access point and modify the 5 GHz backhaul channel configuration to a channel between 100 and 140. If supported, it modifies the backhaul link to a high-band connection, boosting throughput as well as network coverage.